Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Spandy-Mom



You know what really chaps my hide? Actually this one makes me giggle a bit, the not-so-in-shape mom wearing super high-tech exercise gear. (I see dozens of them, twice a week during my daily stops for my own addiction fill at the local Bucks.) Those of us who actually exercise, and by this I mean sweat, know that more often than not you wear grubby comfy clothes, like those old loose sweatpants, the tank with holes in it that is just too banged up to where in public otherwise.

It's like taking a busted car in for a paint job. Each Friday I enter the coffee shop to a Music-Man mass of women "Picking and talking" a little, and I have to constrain my laughter, pulling it inside for what I call the Snicker Giggles. (or sniggles).

But, I do fear these women, because one day, biologically I too could become one of them. So if you ever see me at Sports Chalet, with a pair of high-priced Nike spandy-pants stretched out in my hands, Please, Please, Please smack me in the face and remind me that I have multiple old sweat pants at home for the sweating in.

"Spandex: a privilege, not a right." - Matt Lillard 


ęÿf☼я@

No comments:

Post a Comment