Friday, January 29, 2010

Traveling to Mammoth by Moonlight...

Time: 8:22 p.m. Thursday, January 28, 2010

Place: Somewhere on the 395 Highway, midway to Mammoth Mountain.

Situation: 214 miles away from our destination and one Nick Jenkins is helping keep me awake as I drive along the immense trek of road to Mammoth.

            The mountains, all the way south along the Sierras, are covered in a white snow that glows the softest palest blue white under a full moon. The moon has lit up the snow enough that we can drive without our headlights on and navigate as if it were daytime. I wish I could’ve taken some picture with my wonderfully adept iPhone. Alas, I was driving – that could not take place.

            And my co-captain, Jenksy, tried his best, yet was unsuccessful in figuring how to disable the flash. So all we got was a bright image the my windshield. No harm, no foul.

Time: Unreasonably late. We’ve arrived safely. Till tomorrow.

ęÿfя@

Posted via email from Kellyfornia on the state of... well, things.

No comments:

Post a Comment